There are a lot of beauty tips that don’t cost that much and yet they still give you beautiful results. If you haven’t build your collection yet, or you are still in the process of deciding what you like, saving money is a good idea. This allows you find what you are looking for.
- Q-tips dipped in makeup remover is pretty fancy; I just put them in my mouth to moisten them and then use those to remove makeup oopsies. Works quite well, in my experience.
- Don’t buy brush cleanser. Buy a spray bottle and some cheap toner and spray it on makeup brushes for a very effective makeup brush cleanser/sanitizer.
- Push back cuticles with edge of towel (or washcloth) after each shower.
- Small drop of eye makeup remover (very small drop!!) in mascara that is drying up. Makes it last like a week longer.
- Cutting tops off of tubed items (moisturizer, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, face masks, etc.) to get the last little bit out. You can even put the top of the tube back onto the bottom to form a quasi-seal.
- Dye eyebrows using the L’Oreal Root Touch-up. Smaller bottles and comes with a mini brush and mini mixing tray. I can get like 6 uses out of one $6-$7/box.
- Olive oil as a makeup remover for any skin type – olive oil is one of the oils most similar to our own skin oil so our skin loves it, oil dissolves makeup way better than any makeup remover I’ve used and it is a lot gentler too. I massage olive oil into my face and remove with plain baby wipes then get rid of the residue with a foaming cleanser or you can just leave the olive oil to sink in if you have drier skin or for a ‘treat’!